Embrace your inner TomBoy | styling boyfriend jeans

7 comments
The understated, distressed boyfriend jean is a must have in any girls wardrobe this year. After all androgynous clothing has been a number one trend for years right? 

My favourite pair of boyfriend jeans are in a light wash and are from the online boutique Tobi. These are the Silver Lake boyfriend jeans and are my favourite pair for a zillion different reasons! Firstly, they are slightly more fitted around the waist so not as baggy making them really flattering and more feminine particularly for my body shape. If you’re a slave to skinny jeans like I was don’t be scared that the boyfriend jean will completely rid you of any shape, look for pairs that are slightly more fitted around the waist, you’ll be surprised how flattering they really are. And so comfortable! 


The distressed look is also a huge A/W15 trend and these jeans have just the right amount of rips to add a really grunge feel to your look but aren’t over done so your entire leg is exposed. My favourite way to wear boyfriend jeans is rolling the cuffs whether paired with heels, flats or some leather boots.


For a sophisticated and chic style I love pairing my distressed boyfriend jeans with white blouses. This Misty Haze blouse from Tobi has a sweeping low neck line that wraps slightly around the hem. I love this blouse as it really feminises the look while still remaining edgy with the sharp collar and plunging neck line. Another way I love pairing this blouse is with some faux leather pants or busted knee jeans. 


What I’ve really been loving this season is muted colour palettes and washes like this grey Beverly Crop Sweater. I always find myself gravitating towards sweaters that have a heavier knit and are cropped so this one I picked up from Tobi has soon become a staple in my wardrobe. Grey is a super flattering shade and pairs perfectly against the light blue acid wash of these boyfriend jeans. As it’s becoming much colder here in Queensland the necessity for good quality sweaters has risen and I was really happy that this one was so cozy, soft and of excellent quality, it is sure to last me a long time!

What I love about boyfriend jeans is their versatility, you can almost pair them with anything and completely change your entire look. They are incredibly edgy, comfortable and understated in the most stylish way possible. Forget the skinny jean and make way for boyfriend jeans in your closet this winter. Check out the other massive collection of jeans from Tobi’s website.

How do you style the understated boyfriend jean?

Katie 
You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. I love it with the white shirt! I think the contrasts in styles just look so good x
    TheBrondeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this outfit! I've never bought boyfriend jeans because I never knew how to style them so thank you for this! x
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
  3. These jeans look fab on you, I love a good mom jean and now I think I'm converting to a love of boyfriend jeans! Xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you styled this look with white; it looks so summery and pretty! Lovely post

    Colour Me In Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESS! Love this look,perfect for summer holidays! And you could throw the jumper on when it gets chilly! X

    Cara Delevinge inspired look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white paired with ripped jeans, the sandals are cute too :)

    www.isabelwithani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looks! Love how you wearing jeans with blouse! So chic :)

    stasbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig